Personalised 1-1 remote tuition
With a far from settled situation and the official Government guidance that private tuition ‘should remain online where services can be provided in this way’, we are extending our personalised 1-1 remote tuition into the foreseeable future for the safety and consistency for our students and families.
Working on a 1-1 ratio means that we only have a limited number of exclusive slots with now just a few remaining spaces available for September. If you would like to book a space, please contact us to arrange a trial slot during July or August and to secure your session time for the new term.
We (Andrea and David) have taken our years of expertise in teaching and provision of quality, professional tuition and successfully have produced a format that is proving highly successful and desirable.
‘Thank you so much for pinpointing exactly where A.’s problems are and reassuring us that you will be able to work with him to get him back on track. It was such a relief – and he even admitted that he enjoyed the session with you – which for an intensive maths session, is a miracle!’ (Quote from a parent – June 2020)
We are safely able to:
- Teach students on an individual basis – through live demonstration on our online whiteboards we can work through methods, questions and techniques with the pace tailored to the individual. As teachers we can stop, start and change the delivery and approach as needed – this is not possible with a programme set by a computer and often not effective if the ‘tutor’ is not an experienced teacher.
- Guide students to identify their own needs. Our teaching is goal orientated for each individual.
- Provide the same (and some new) up to date and high-quality resources as would be available in our centre. Appropriate tasks are set to be worked on in real time in relation to needs, the curriculum and at a level which allows students a sense of achievement.
- A safe, comfortable learning environment without the awkward intimacy of being physically sat next to a tutor, we can closely detect the strengths and weaknesses of each student. By being in the home, students and families do not need to spend time (and fuel) stuck in traffic or waiting around, affecting a whole evening.
- Deliver an intense session of tuition – with the use of web cameras we can interact and maintain a student’s concentration throughout the session. We can detect any issues with engagement and can change approach, as necessary. A range of motivating resources and the ability of the student to interact in a variety of ways avoids any lack of concentration.
- Ensure students are fully interacting – students talk through their approaches, answers and writing to demonstrate and clarify their thinking. Students able to use a graphic tablet, i pad or touch screen can even write on the same page simultaneously (if not, we manage it well verbally).
- Coach and motivate the student to continue their learning after the session – screen shots of white boards, lesson recordings, prompt sheets etc are sent by email alongside professional feedback as well as continuation tasks to reinforce the session. Students can send responses back to us for marking. Giving students their own personal session to discuss what they want to achieve is key in developing ownership of the tuition and gaining an all-important growth mindset.
- To instil confidence – we encourage students to believe in themselves, by showing them that they can achieve, and this builds their confidence to tackle more challenging tasks. Regular verbal reassurance on a personal basis helps a student recognise how they are progressing and ultimately realise their potential.
‘E. had a big smile on her face after she finished her session with you which only confirms to my wife and I that we have made the right decision in engaging with you. ‘(Quote from a parent June 2020)